"It’s about power and control. It’s about playing on old stereotypes and turning them into questionable romance. It’s about entering the mindset of an abuser and rapist and selling it as ‘erotica’. There’s something really sad about our culture when this is held up as the epitome of ‘sexiness’. And it says a lot about our culture well beyond the intimate confines of the bedroom."
my article on Fifty Shades of Grey: Fifty Shades of Sexism by Hila Shachar.
- dearmrsgrindleybeast likes this
- keepcalmandbeacat likes this
- twincompasses-77 likes this
- flannery-culp likes this
- sternly reblogged this from portraitscollection and added:
- sternly likes this
- mister-mariko-dayo likes this
- sakurabellavita likes this
- applecocaine likes this
- portraitscollection posted this